Monday, November 17, 2008

The Top of the Family Tree

I have been thinking a lot about Heaven lately and it excites me so much. I feel a closeness of that appointed time when Jesus will part the clouds and come for His family. But am I doing all that I can to make sure the family of God is growing?

I love getting together with my family over the Holidays and I've been making calls to see if everyone is able to make it. Through this my thought life has been bombarded with people that I know, who may not make it to Heaven. Am I really showing others through my actions that I want them to be in Heaven with me at that big "Family Reunion"? Do I look past the rejection that I might feel when I reach out to them in love? Does the reality of Hell place an urgency for me to act now? My prayer is, change me Lord so I can feel the same way you feel......"that none may perish." I would like to personally challenge us all to diligently do whatever it takes to invite people into a relationship with the "Guy at the Top of the Family Tree"....our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!!!! I since a party coming:)

2 comments:

Pastor Dan Lund said...

Hey, just wanted you to know that I'm glad you're in my family tree.
Love Ya - Dan

Dave Kidd said...

Couldn't help but to start humming Brandon Heath's song - "Give Me Your Eyes"

Great Post