Friday, December 5, 2008

Standing vs. Falling

Wow, it's been awhile. Our family had a wonderful Thanksgiving and looking forward to Christmas!!!

We are all back in the swing of things including school for the girls. The girls had some catch up school work because of the extra day we had to take due to weather. But Wednesday, Hannah came home with a story to tell. She started explaining, "Today, we started watching a movie and I had to ask the teacher if I could do something different because of the cussing in the movie. The teacher didn't understand because she said there are only 4 or 5 words. I told her that it would be hypocritical for me to justify even 4 or 5 words because; where do you start drawing the line? She told me that I could write a 3 page paper." I was watching Hannah to see if she would expect something of me, but she seemed confident in her decision. A mom's heart wants to defend her children and yet I felt God gently letting me know that Hannah is no longer "renting" her salvation. She is now owning it. I was not to do a thing but to let her know how proud I am and that she did the right thing. In a moment Hannah decided to take a stand for something so she wouldn't fall for just anything. I pray God blesses you Hannah beyond your understanding.

Eph 6:10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand;"

Love you Girls and my wonderful Husband, Dan!!!!

1 comment:

Melanie Dobson said...

What a cool story, Christa! I love the thought about her owning her salvation instead of "renting" it.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about your book. Could you email me at melanie @ melaniedobson.com.

God bless!