Friday, October 10, 2008

Confidence in the Truth

So yesterday I was coming home from a meeting in Columbus and I was on Route 62 turning left onto Route 661 which had stop signs. There was on coming traffic so I stopped to let it go by and then proceeded to turn left. There was a vehicle at the stop sign on Route 661 and as I drove by he held a one sided conversation with me, to which I replied thank you. Now, knowing that this was an unfriendly conversation, I was wondering why he was so upset with me or maybe it wasn't me at all. But, I knew it was directed toward me because we locked eyes for a split second and I saw his face with his lips flying all over it using words that make you not blink for awhile. Some words were familiar and others I had not heard before. I am now on 661 and I began to replay my driving choices. I knew from drivers ed. and experience that what I did was right but, I couldn't quit thinking about it. I was headed to the County Jail to do some visiting so I thought to myself that I was going to ask a Police Officer about it. I did the visitation and as I was coming out, a Police Officer was coming in, so I asked him about what I did. He said, "You completely had the right of way." It felt so good to be sure of the truth.
This led me to think how we all need to line up our actions (everything we do and say) with the truth of the Word of God. I truly believe these are the last days and we can not afford to mess up our witness for the Lord. The truth is not what we feel is right because "our heart can be deceitful above all things," Jeremiah 17:9. But the truth is what God says is right! Our confidence has to be found in the truth of God's word.

No comments: